In May 2018, the new European legislation ‘GDPR’ (General Data Protection Regulation) came into force. These privacy laws change the way data is handled online by adding safeguards on the use, process, and storage of personal data. Personal data includes all information related to an individual, such as names, photos, email addresses, bank details, social media posts, location data and more. This is a major adjustment, which even after almost 4 years has not yet been implemented by everyone.
What are the consequences?
Due to the evolution of the GDPR and to the raising awareness of users’ rights, the number of questions and complaints from individual users online about their data protection and privacy rights have increased considerably these past few years. It is therefore clear that all the organisations within the European Union have no choice but to change the way they collect and treat data to become GDPR compliant.
What can Universem do?
We review and document all cookies that have been placed on your website and we identify which ones could be considered as risky. If you don’t have an advanced GDPR banner on your website yet, we implement the banner via a specific tool. With your support and the one of your legal advisor, we adapt and customize the way you collect and analyze data to ensure it complies with the recommendations of your legal advisor.
By setting up an advanced GDPR setting, you can continue to perform in-depth analysis and accurate targeting. In addition, we ensure that when a visitor visits the website, he can give different types of consent by choosing which cookies he accepts / does not accept.
Our GDPR set-up includes:
- Website scanning & Listing of the different cookies by category (necessary, functional, analytics, marketing and social media cookies)
- Implementation of the advanced GDPR banner in accordance with your website design
- Possibility for the visitors to choose between different types of consents
- Update of the tracking configurations in Google Tag Manager, with the activation of scripts and pixels only when user consent has been given
- The confirmation in Google Analytics of the cookies’ acceptance
Interested in how Universem can help you to make your website GDPR-proof?
Contact us and find out the right solution for your website!