As you may have seen on our social networks and on our hashtag #UniversemSF, the Universem team was proudly represented at the recent Google Analytics Certified Partner Summit in San Francisco on 30 and 31 September. Each year, this event brings together 500 Google Analytics Certified Partners from 63 countries around the world. Universem was one of them, along with a few other Belgian agencies.
For Universem, this was a really great opportunity for many reasons:
- We got early access to new features coming soon to the Google Analytics suite, including Tag Manager, Data Studio, Optimize and Firebase.
- We met with other partner agencies and discussed best practices so that we can offer cutting-edge services to our clients.
- Lastly, it was also an opportunity to meet Googlers and discuss the future development of their different products.
A lot of the information revealed at the Summit must remain confidential until it is officially released. Nevertheless, in this article, we would like to share with you some of the highlights about the future of Analytics.
First of all, it should be noted that the coming developments show three major trends:
- Explosion of data quantity
- Since Big Data is at the heart of the challenges, Google is using artificial intelligence more and more for optimum data processing. One of the announcements on this subject is that you will now be able to interrogate Google Analytics by conducting searches in your natural language. Given the huge quantity of information in the system, it isn’t always easy to know how to respond to questions. This is definitely a new functionality that can help! – https://analytics.googleblog.com/2017/07/ask-question-get-answer-in-google.html
- The Customer Journey is now more complex than ever
- The number of different platforms and steps used by the consumer before taking a decisive action (purchase, order, etc.) keeps growing, as does the complexity of the process. New reports will be announced in the future in order to get a better understanding of the Customer Journey and therefore be able to optimise platforms towards this.
- The ecosystem is not yet integrated, and a number of tools have to interact in order to work effectively
Google Data Studio was definitely a hot topic
several important announcements were made at this event. Among these, we would like to share two pieces of news that we are allowed to talk about:
- After announcing more than 25 new features in Data Studio in recent months (https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/6311467?hl=en&ref_topic=6267740), the latest announcement concerns a “Community Connectors” program for Data Studio. This will enable a number of data sources to be directly integrated into your dashboards, making them more complete by showing you a full picture of your marketing, particularly in terms of digital. https://analytics.googleblog.com/2017/09/google-data-studio-quicker-and-broader.html
- What’s more, several new functionalities will also make it possible to create more instructive dashboards and present your data better, giving the end user the possibility to customise their reports, especially towards a certain device or country. Other new ways of presenting data will be available very soon…Stay tuned!
Other than the aspects related to the conference, the week spent in the heart of Silicon Valley was also a great opportunity for the two team members representing Universem to soak up the local atmosphere!
In a nutshell, the entire team is delighted to have learnt about the latest Google Analytics features in order to optimise our clients’ marketing strategies. Make sure you keep following us on social media, so that you can stay up-to-date with all the latest news, which we’ll be sure to share with you.
Soon a Business Conference in Belgium
No need to fly far away to exchange about such great topics.
On November the 24th, we organize, in association with Google and other agencies, a business conference around Google Analytics, Data Studio and Data Driven Marketing.
Willing to know more? Contact our Marketing Department: email@example.com
Our team is looking forward to welcoming you on this great event.